Haven't made this yet, but putting it here for safekeeping. It looks really tasty. From Good Food Magazine.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling.
- Trim the fennel tops, then cut into wedges.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes, then drain well.
- Arrange the fennel in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the nutmeg over.
- Stir the garlic into the cream and pour over the fennel.
- Top with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Absolutely wonderful!!! How could it be bad roasted in cream, garlic, and parmesan??? If you haven't ever tried fennel, this is your great intro recipe! I had some pretty large fennel bulbs so next time, if they are that large, I will roast a little longer. The centers of the fennel were very tender and the best part! I loved this recipe, thanks!!!
Fennel is a great veggie. This gratin is very simple and allows the great flavor of the fennel to come through without being overdone by sauces or seasonings. This would be great with any roast meats.... even for the holidays. Thanx for a great way to fix fennel! I'll make this again.