Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Haven't made this yet, but putting it here for safekeeping. It looks really tasty. From Good Food Magazine.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Absolutely wonderful!!! How could it be bad roasted in cream, garlic, and parmesan??? If you haven't ever tried fennel, this is your great intro recipe! I had some pretty large fennel bulbs so next time, if they are that large, I will roast a little longer. The centers of the fennel were very tender and the best part! I loved this recipe, thanks!!!
- 4 large fennel bulbs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 200 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling.
- Trim the fennel tops, then cut into wedges.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes, then drain well.
- Arrange the fennel in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the nutmeg over.
- Stir the garlic into the cream and pour over the fennel.
- Top with the Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.