Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Fennel Crusted Tuna With Orange Ginger Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 ounces ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 3 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 4 egg whites
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 8 tuna steaks
- In a non corrosive pan saute ginger in 1 tbl olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add shallots and garlic, continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with sherry and vinegar.
- Add orange juice, soy and rosemary.
- Reduce by 3/4.
- Add chicken stock and cook 3 minutes.
- Strain and place in blender.
- Blend on low adding olive oil until all incorporated.
- Keep warm.
- Grind fennel, coriander and peppercorns.
- Spread on plate.
- Whip egg whites to break up in a container large enough to hold tuna.
- Season tuna with salt, dip in egg and coat with spice mix.
- Saute in hot pan with olive oil until rare- med rare.
- Coat warm plate with vinaigrette, slice tuna and arrange on plate.
- Serve with greens as a salad.
Amazing and elegant recipe for fresh tuna steaks! The fennel seed rub is superb on tuna and the vinaigrette really complements the fish. There are a lot of steps, but it really is easy and done in no time at all. So worth the effort! I added some orange zest to the vinaigrette, too. And used somewhat less olive oil.