Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From the February 2006 issue of Sunset magazine. This has a chunky vinaigrette full of chopped fennel bulb, shallots, and golden raisins, along with other good flavors.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh fennel bulb
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) trout fillets, boned, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix fennel, vinegar, shallot, ginger, lemon peel, and salt. Whisk in 1/2 c olive oil until combined, then stir in raisins.
- Brush both sides of trout with oil, then sprinkle with additional salt and the fennel seeds. Set a 12- to 14-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in about 1/2 tsp olive oil, then wipe pan with a paper towel. Set fillets, skin side down, in pan. Cook, turning once with a spatula, until surface is lightly golden and fish is opaque in center of thickest part, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer each fillet to a plate. Whisk vinaigrette to combine and spoon over the fillets.