- 1⁄4 head red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 small orange
- 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a knife or food processor, shred the cabbage and carrots. Trim the top of the fennel and reserve 1/4 cup of the leafy sprigs.
- Finely shred the fennel bulb. Grate the zest from the orange and then squeeze the orange to extract the juice.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the fennel sprigs, and toss to mix well. Let marinate 30 minutes before serving.