Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Gluten free Fennel Apple Soup has been popping up everywhere --on various gluten free yahoo groups and in various magazines. Here's my version. http://www.elanaspantry.com/fennel-apple-soup/
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 fennel bulbs, stems removed and diced (medium to large )
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 -3 sprigs thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- 2. Saute onion over low or medium heat for 10-15 minutes until soft and almost browned.
- 3. Add fennel and apples and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften or brown.
- 4. Add chicken stock and thyme.
- 5. Puree soup in small batches (for safety purposes) in a vita-mix until smooth and creamy.
- 6. Reheat soup and serve.