Recipe by CountryLady
A crunchy slaw that goes well with grilled salmon, pork or chicken!
Top Review by Gidget265
I love apples and fennel and thought this would be great. I made it for hubby and the parents, and it wasn't well liked. Will see what I can do to tweak the recipe because I love the concept!
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 courtland apples or 1 spy apple, cored but unpeeled
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed & core removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together& refrigerate.
- Thinly slice apple& fennel by hand- use julienne blade of a mandolin or julienne grater (if you have one).
- Combine with thyme& onion in a bowl.
- Add dressing& toss well; add more salt& pepper, if desired.