Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This goes well with fish.
- 2 large fennel bulbs, roughly chopped
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place all the ingredients except the parsley in a saucepan and season to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat very low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the fennel is soft and tender.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and stir in the parsley to serve.