Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Everyday with Rachel Ray. Haven't tried it yet, posting for safekeeping. Thinking you could sub any green for the endive if not available.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced- some fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 pine nuts, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Salt and add pasta. Cook til al dente according to pkg directions. Drain, reserving a ladle full of the pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, in a lg skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add fennel and onion and cook til softened, about 20 minute Add garlic, thyme, and lemon peel, and cook 3 minute Stir in wine and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta and enough of reserved pasta water to moisten as desired. Stir in endive; season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and pine nuts.