Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Yemenite friend often used to make me this traditional and delicious salad. Enjoy!
- 1 lb fennel, julienned
- 10 small radishes, sliced
- 3 small cucumbers, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- Toss fennel, radishes, and cucumber.
- Whisk oil and lemon together.
- Add mint, salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss.
- Serve well chilled.
Yummy! Fresh and crisp. The mint really complements the anise flavor of the fennel. Like Mirj, I added some lemon zest, but otherwise made exactly as directed.
Nice change from the usual salads. Used dried mint and had no chives.
This stuff is amazing! I'm on a carb restricted diet at the moment and the other day I had this at breakfast, lunch and dinner and didn't get sick of it at all! The fennel flavor is so anisey, and together with the mint and chives is a real taste explosion! I added just a bit of the zest of the juiced lemons. Next time I'm going to try adding a little red onion. Thanks, Aviva, this was great! We're going to friends for dinner on Friday night, and guess what I'm bringing!