Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is another recipe for fennel lovers from the June 2002 issue of Gourmet Magazine. Cooking time is marinating time. The relish can be made a day ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator (although the colour will not be quite as bright). Bring to room temperature before serving. I suggest serving this with grilled salmon or chicken.
- 1 fennel bulb, about 1 pound, stalks discarded and bulb finely chopped
- 1 lb English seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
This relish is so light and fresh. Love it!