Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and quick salad, and a good recipe with fennel as a main ingredient. The mild anise flavor goes well together with the dressing and cheese. A nice side salad for simple baked or grilled fish, for example.
- 2 fennel (bulb + leaves)
- 1 shallot
- 150 g gouda cheese, cut in small, 5 mm cubes (Gruyere or any other kind of hard and rather salty cheese is fine as well)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Remove the hard inner core from the fennel bulbs. Cut bulbs into thin slices.
- Chop the shallot into very fine pieces.
- Make a dressing with the yoghurt, mustard, (optional) lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper and a few finely chopped fennel leaves.
- Mix fennel, shallots, cheese cubes and dressing. Ready to eat!