Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A popular recipe from Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian Episode: Bird on a Budget. I have changed it to make it vegetarian, using veggie bacon instead of real bacon. Enjoy! :O)
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed, cut into quarters, and sliced very thinly, fronds reserved
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 slices veggie bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fennel leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the fennel, cabbage, scallions, and veggie bacon together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, fennel fronds, sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a small bowl.
- Add the dressing to the slaw and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
This was PERFECT for the Fennel, red cabbage and scallions I had in the fridge!! Did you peak in my fridge Sharon - HA!! I don't eat any kind of bacon but you helped me make a delicious dish out of "on hand" veggies. Thanks So Much Sharon