Recipe by dicentra
Bon Appetite. Sept 2000 - but I found it in my 2001 book. Wouldn't this be great along side a gourmet pizza?
Top Review by crabbydi
Great recipe... want to step it up a notch? Lose the arugula. Add: 1 more apple in matchstick slices, 1/2 english cucumber - matchstick slices AND 3 sliced jalapenos - ribs AND seeds... OH MY!
- 1⁄2 cup unfiltered apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large granny smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted (about 2 ounces)