Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bon Appetite. Sept 2000 - but I found it in my 2001 book. Wouldn't this be great along side a gourmet pizza?
- 1⁄2 cup unfiltered apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large granny smith apple, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted (about 2 ounces)
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Combine apple, fennel and arugula in large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat. Mound salad on 4 plates; sprinkle with pecans.
Great recipe... want to step it up a notch? Lose the arugula. Add: 1 more apple in matchstick slices, 1/2 english cucumber - matchstick slices AND 3 sliced jalapenos - ribs AND seeds... OH MY!
I'm only rating the dressing, which I'll serve over baby greens with apples and spiced pecans. The dressing tastes wonderful, but is a bit runny. Thanks!
Oh, WOW was this good! I wish I could give it 10 stars instead of just five. I made this to feed a crowd tonight -- 12 of us quite happily ate this whole salad right up. I didn't change a single thing -- it is PERFECT as is. Way to go, dicentra!! Awesome recipe!! (Sorry no picture, by the way. It disappeared too quickly for that.)