Recipe by Sugarmagnolia_fl
From Food and Wine, June 2003.
Top Review by fj4b
This is a fantastic recipe. Until the very end I realized we were out of blue cheese (didn't hide it well enough from my husband) so I used Feta and omitted the salt. I added roasted slivered Almonds as I was out of Pecans as well. My family raved over it. Now I will have to try it with Blue cheese.Thanks for posting this. It definitely will be repeated.<br/>Jopie
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved lengthwise, cored and sliced crosswise paper thin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fennel leaves
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled (about 4 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fennel fronds and apple and season with salt and pepper and toss. Garnish with blue cheese and pecans and serve right away.