Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy recipe done in only 20 minutes, preparation time. No cooking.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt, thick, type balkan
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 cup fennel, cut in fine slices
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut in fine slices
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, without seeds, cut in half
- 1 red apple, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, with a whisk, mix yogurt, honey, lemon juice, dijon, poppy seeds, salt and paprika until creamy. Add fennel, celery, grapes and apple and stir to coat well. When ready to serve, sprinkle with walnuts, if wanted.
So refreshing and different! I used a 3% plain yogurt I had drained, and didn't totally measure the veggies (1 whole apple unpeeled, 1 whole fennel bulb, 1 stalk of celery). I sliced the veggies and put them in ice water with lemon juice to stay bright and crisp. Served as the starter for my "French feast" for ZWT 8! Thanks for a new salad!
So clean and so fresh and well 3 of us gobbled up a 4 serve portion just sorry that grapes were not available to serve with it and the walnuts are a must they just add that extra crunch and I think I would leave the skin on the apple next time. Thank you Boomeete, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #46 November 2010.
Made this as per the recipe, but with one small exception ~ I couldn't see having the apple peel go to waste so left the apple unpeeled! Ended up with a great salad that was thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks for posting this great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]