Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe exemplifies the reason why Mexican food is my favorite cuisine. You can team it ( think of that trendy word "fusion" ) with anything and it tastes GOOD!! I don't want to be exposed for the recipe pilferer that I am, so the name of the menu item was changed to avoid any legal problems with either Warner Brothers or the restaurant from which I stole the recipe.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 cups cooked mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
- 3⁄4 cup tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 cup roasted garlic sauce (see Roasted Garlic Sauce)
- 6 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas or 6 burrito size spelt tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge
- NOTE: Use either leftover vegetables or frozen vegetables.
- Because this is a copycat recipe, all measurements are estimated.
- Prepare the garlic sauce. Thicken the sauce by removing 1/4 cup of sauce into a small bowl, adding 1/2 tablespoon of white flour, whisk, and return to pot and whisk well to break up any lumps. With immersion blender, puree sauce until smooth.
- Heat up the mashed potatoes and vegetables separately until warm.
- Divide the mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables evenly among the tortillas. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a few drizzles of lemon juice. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the garlic sauce on each burrito. Lastly, garnish with cheese and cilantro.
- Roll up burrito style. To do this, begin by rolling up the tortilla 1/4 of the way, stop, fold in the sides and roll up to the end. Serve seam down.
- Eat. Enjoy. Watch cartoons.
Woah! Everybody HAS to try this. Mashed potato burrito? I thought it sounded crazy, but I made it and didn't leave anything out, and I was definitely impressed. Had a container of garlic sauce that was leftover from when we ordered pizza (a long time ago I'm guessing) so I tried that instead of making my own garlic sauce and it was sooo good! Cookgirl, this was awesome!