This recipe exemplifies the reason why Mexican food is my favorite cuisine. You can team it ( think of that trendy word "fusion" ) with anything and it tastes GOOD!! I don't want to be exposed for the recipe pilferer that I am, so the name of the menu item was changed to avoid any legal problems with either Warner Brothers or the restaurant from which I stole the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 cups cooked mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
- 3/4 cup tillamook cheddar cheese
- 1 cup roasted garlic sauce (see Roasted Garlic Sauce)
- 6 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas or 6 burrito size spelt tortillas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge
- 1NOTE: Use either leftover vegetables or frozen vegetables.
- 2Because this is a copycat recipe, all measurements are estimated.
- 3Prepare the garlic sauce. Thicken the sauce by removing 1/4 cup of sauce into a small bowl, adding 1/2 tablespoon of white flour, whisk, and return to pot and whisk well to break up any lumps. With immersion blender, puree sauce until smooth.
- 4Heat up the mashed potatoes and vegetables separately until warm.
- 5Divide the mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables evenly among the tortillas. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a few drizzles of lemon juice. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the garlic sauce on each burrito. Lastly, garnish with cheese and cilantro.
- 6Roll up burrito style. To do this, begin by rolling up the tortilla 1/4 of the way, stop, fold in the sides and roll up to the end. Serve seam down.
- 7Eat. Enjoy. Watch cartoons.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Felmer Udd's Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (1208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 526.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas