Recipe by Felix4067
I actually remembered to write down what I used while I was doing it! The measurements on the herbs are approximate as I never actually measure them, though. Definitely not for those who don't appreciate the value in being able to put something together from cans on the pantry shelf, but you could easily use fresh vegetables if you prefer. This came out almost like a stew, so we ate it in large bowls with French bread. Prep time includes sauteeing, cooking time is purely for the oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided (coarse grain preferably)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet; add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, salt and pepper to pan and saute until browned, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of the casserole; spread about half the spaghetti sauce over top.
- Layer, in order, mushrooms, lima beans, corn and black beans.
- Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over top, covering vegetables completely.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and garlic salt.
- Cover, and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, five minutes.