I actually remembered to write down what I used while I was doing it! The measurements on the herbs are approximate as I never actually measure them, though. Definitely not for those who don't appreciate the value in being able to put something together from cans on the pantry shelf, but you could easily use fresh vegetables if you prefer. This came out almost like a stew, so we ate it in large bowls with French bread. Prep time includes sauteeing, cooking time is purely for the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided (coarse grain preferably)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (your choice)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in skillet; add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- 2Add ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, salt and pepper to pan and saute until browned, about 10 minutes; drain.
- 3Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Spread the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of the casserole; spread about half the spaghetti sauce over top.
- 5Layer, in order, mushrooms, lima beans, corn and black beans.
- 6Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over top, covering vegetables completely.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining basil and garlic salt.
- 8Cover, and bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, five minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Felix's Hamburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.0
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 1093.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 37.5 g