Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Not just for Italian cats! One of my cats, Sweet Pea, is always after my spaghetti. These treats have a great tomato and Parmesan aroma and taste that allows me to eat my food in peace while she indulges elsewhere.
- 1⁄4 cup high-quality dry cat food
- 2 cups cooked ground beef, finely crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup canned grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the cat food in a food processor or blender and grind to a coarse powder. I use my Magic Bullet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Form the dough into marble-sized balls or create a large pancake-like object with the dough, flattening it out to an even ½” thickness.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly. Break apart if necessary and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I was very excited to try this because my cat loves Italian food and cheese. However, my finicky cat wouldn't touch it. Such a disappointment. I wasted a lot of food with this recipe. It'll just work out better to give her part of my lasagne whenever I make it.
My two "kids" Jazzdoll and Sammy went bonkers over this! thanks for sharing this great kitty treat Sandi!...Kitten:)