1 hr 25 mins
I made this up to keep in the freezer at all times whilst on my own "biggest loser" journey to get to my goal weight. It's a soup with a lot of liquid and tons of vegies and can be altered to your tastes and to what you have on hand. I like it this way, that's why I'm posting it so I remember my favorite batch! Try it and let me know your thoughts. Please note I am guessing on the yield as I don't know the exact size of my Aunt's big soup pot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 (810 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 100 g tomato paste
- 6 carrots
- 3 onions
- 1 head celery
- 1 small turnip
- 1/4 cabbage
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 3 large broccoli florets, including stems
- 3 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder (optional, to taste)
- herbs or spices, to taste. I used cumin, oregano and freshly ground black pepper
- salt, if used, at the very end (optional)
- 2 (420 g) cans borlotti beans, rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- water (to cover, 8cups approx)
- 1Using a food processor (or knife) chop all vegetables into pieces, I tend to shred so that everything is in small pieces but it's a personal thing.
- 2Put everything in a very large stock pot except for salt, borlotti beans and spinach.
- 3Cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- 4Cook till just tender, about 30-40mins for me.
- 5Taste & season to your liking.
- 6Add borlotti beans and spinach, and heat through until spinach wilts and beans are warm.
- 7Serve piping hot, and cool the remainder for freezer storage so soup is on hand at any time of the day or night.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Felicity's Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 357.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder