1/3 Photos of Felicity's Chicken Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
1 hr 30 mins
There are lots of recipes for stuffed peppers, this is mine. I served these with my Garlicky Grilled Chicken. If you wanted to serve them as a main course, you could decrease the rice & use more meat in the filling. You could also use lamb or beef as a change from chicken. I have suggested using spices to taste, because you can vary it depending on your mood or the theme of your meal. I used oregano, but you could use harissa or cumin for a middle eastern flavor or chilli for some heat... it's up to you to make my dish yours :-) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the top off the peppers and remove the insides.
- 2Chop onion, carrot, celery and garlic very finely.
- 3(I use a food processor) Cook vegetables in butter until soft.
- 4Combine vegetables, rice, chicken and cheese.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Fill peppers with this mixture, pressing down as you go to ensure they are well stuffed.
- 7Place peppers in a covered casserole and cook in a 180c oven until peppers are soft, approximately 60-90minutes.
- 8To speed the cooking process, microwave the peppers for a couple of minutes before filling.
- 9Once they are soft, sprinkle with additional cheese and broil until tops are golden.
- 10Serve hot or warm as a side dish, appetiser or light lunch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Felicity's Chicken Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 147.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g