Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty Felafel and Tabouli Wraps - great for a week night dinner, or for entertaining. Something fun and different!
- 200 g falafel mix (available in the healthfood section of supermarket)
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 4 sheets lavash bread or 4 sheets mountain bread
- 1⁄3 cup hummus, dip
- 1⁄4 cup burghul (cracked wheat)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Tabouli: Place burghul (cracked wheat) in a large bowl and cover with cold water and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and use the back of a large metal spoon to press out excess water. Add parsley, mint, tomato, onion, olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Felafels: Follow directions on felafel mix, shape mixture into small balls. Pour enough vegetable oil into a non-stick frying pan to cover base and heat over medium heat until hot. Cook felafels in batches, turning often for approx 4 minutes or until lightly golden all over and heated through then drain on paper towel.
- Wraps: Spread each lavash bread with 1 tablespoon hommus. Spoon one-quarter of tabouli along 1 short end of 1 sheet lavash bread. Top with 4 felafels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up firmly and repeat with remaining lavash, hommus, tabouli and felafel.