Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We eat alot of hot dogs in the summer when camping or on a fishing trip. We are always trying different topping for them to make them different.
- 2 dill pickles, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 8 hot dogs, your favorite brand
- 8 hot dog buns
- Mix pickles, chilies, onion and mustard.
- Grill hot dogs until cooked the way you like them.
- Place hot dogs on bun and top with pickle mixture.
I'm usually a mustard-only purist on my hot dogs, but wanted to try something different. This was really good, and takes hot dogs to a gourmet level. I used green onions for the onions. Very enjoyable!
This goes together in no time and it really adds lots of flavor to your dogs! I used about double the onions, but they were Vadalias so they weren't too strong. It tasted great!
Made this twice, once as is, and I could really taste the pickles in it, but not so much the onions, but the heat from the green chilies came through. The 2nd time I made it, I added 1/4 cup of thinly sliced sping onions, and I much prefered this to the other, but the heat of the green chilies wasn't there as much, but that's ok, cuz I enjoyed it with a bit more onion. I always put pickle relish, onions, and mustard on my hot dogs, (never ketchup) so this was a nice way to enjoy my hot dogs, and I look forward to using this recipe often. Thanx for the recipe mommyoffour. It's definitely a keeper!!