Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Brazilian Bean Soup
Make and share this Feijoada (Brazilian Bean Soup) II recipe from Food.com.
- Soak black beans overnight; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine black beans, water, ham, pork loin, Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, onion, red pepper flakes, garlic, and orange zest in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil, uncovered, on stove top.
- Cover and transfer to oven.
- Bake 90 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove fat and reheat.
Since my family is adventerous and loves trying lots of ethnic dishes I made this for us to try. Everyone agreed it was really good. I probably added more ham than called for, along with the pork loin and sausage. What a great blend of flavors in the pot!