Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe was passed onto me by a good friend and has become a firm family favourite when the feijoas start dropping off the trees. Cook time includes refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄2 cups feijoas, pulp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 packet lemon jelly
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk, well chilled
- Chop feijoa's finely.
- Put in pan with sugar.
- Bring to boil.
- Add jelly and cook until disolved.
- Chill the jelly mixture until starting to set.
- In seperate bowl whip the milk and salt until doubled in bulk and stiff.
- Fold in the feijoa jelly mixture that should be half set.
- Pile into a serving dish and chill until set.
A nice light dessert to finish a meal. lovely served with extra fresh fruit