Recipe by liebchen
Feijoas make wonderful partners to tart limes. Feijoas are available from around March until June. Or try finely chopped kiwifruit, bananas, pawpaw or fresh chopped pineapple. This recipe came from the net when I was looking for something to do with the feijoas from my tree.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups feijoas, peeled and finely chopped
- 125 g butter, melted and cooled
Ingredients for glaze
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug blend together the eggs and milk and add the feijoa's. Blend into the dry ingredients folding in the butter as you go.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well greased muffin tins .
- Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- To make the glaze, simmer the sugar, orange juice and lime juice together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stand muffins for 2 minutes before brushing with the glaze. Stand a further 5 minutes before serving.