Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Feijoas make wonderful partners to tart limes. Feijoas are available from around March until June. Or try finely chopped kiwifruit, bananas, pawpaw or fresh chopped pineapple. This recipe came from the net when I was looking for something to do with the feijoas from my tree.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug blend together the eggs and milk and add the feijoa's. Blend into the dry ingredients folding in the butter as you go.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well greased muffin tins .
- Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- To make the glaze, simmer the sugar, orange juice and lime juice together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stand muffins for 2 minutes before brushing with the glaze. Stand a further 5 minutes before serving.
These are sensational, mmmm yummy ;0)
Very yummy. Much lighter in texture than I was expecting. The feijoa taste is quite subtle, and the lime compliments it perfectly. The only change I made was to the oven temp. I felt 220 was a bit too hot, so I reduced it to 200, and cooked for slightly longer. It made exactly 12 muffins. Definitely a keeper, I'm taking them to my Mum tomorrow, she's a big feijoa fan so I'm sure she'll love them too.