Recipe by anonymous
This is a fun and different jelly to make! I buy my Feijoas online from Melissa's Produce and this recipe comes from www.melissas.com. My addition to the recipe was the butter which will make skimming the foam unnecessary but don't add more than 1/2 teaspoon as this could raise the ph of the recipe too much and make it unsafe for canning. Cook time includes processing time.
- 4 cups finely diced feijoas
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the finely diced feijoa into a 6 quart stock pot. Add the vinegar, butter and pectin and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in the sugar quickly, return to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Skim foam off the top if necessary (you shouldn't need to if using the butter in the recipe) and quickly ladle the hot jelly into prepared hot jars leaving 1/8 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner (adjust for altitude).