Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting this recipe for ZWT and it is just like a salad I make for my family with the exception of this one not including garlic salt. When I make mine I use apple cider vinegar and olive oil, along with the salt, pepper and garlic salt. This is a recipe I found on About.com under the Moroccan food section.
- 1 lb cucumber (or feggous)
- 1 lb tomatoes, fresh, ripe
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh (or mint)
- 2 -3 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Lightly peel the feggous so that some dark green skin remains, and finely chop it. (If using regular cucumbers, you'll want to remove the seeds before chopping.).
- Peel the tomatoes, seed them, and chop them into small pieces. Mix the tomatoes with the feggous, parsley or mint, onion, lemon juice or vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- If time allows, leave the vegetables to marinate at room temperature or in the fridge for up to an hour. Serve in small bowls or on individual salad plates.
Like most people, I didn't have any feggous, so I had to use cucumber. I also used fresh mint instead of parsley, and I was so glad I did. I think it was the lemon and the mint that made this salad somethng different than your normal cucumber tomato salad. Made for ZWT9.
I made this with cucumber (never heard of feggous), lemon juice, and a combination of mint and parsley. Refreshing and delicious!
Delicious and very fresh-tasting. I went with the lemon juice and mint. Perfect salad to serve with grilled meat (burgers in our case).