Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ok, so I made Lingine with White Clam Sauce for dinner tonight & I thought I made plenty for my dad & 19 yo son but I was mistaken. When I went to fix myself a bowl a couple hours later (I wasn't hungry at dinner time) there was NONE left! All they left me was dirty tupperwear & bowls in the sink! So, what's a hungry girl supposed to do? I invent a recipe on the fly based on available & easy ingredients & it came out totally yummy & the bottomless pit that is my 19 year old ate most of it as a midnight snack & he thought it was SO good he woke me up to tell me so.... Glad he liked it but a note or text would have sufficed, lol. Ok, here's what I made and if you make it I hope you'll like it too. :-) (on a side note, I didn't measure my seasonings, I just went with my instincts so the measurement listed are an educated guess; next time I make it I'll measure it all & update my post).
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut in to 4 links or sliced in to medallions
- 1⁄2 package frozen pierogi, unthawed
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place pierogies in bottom of casserole dish.
- Place kielbasa pieces in casserole dish, making a single layer of ingredients.
- Sprinkle butter pieces over pierogi.
- Sprinkle herbs & spices over all.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip pierogies & kielbasa & bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy.
- (I served mine with Dijon mustard to dip the kielbasa in).
- *next time I might try a little dill sprinkled on the pierogies, it just feels like the right thing to do.