Sherri at the Beach's Note:
Perfect for a cold day, but even better when you are sick. My family swears it is the cure for the common cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice bacon into one inch strips.
- 2Brown bacon in large dutch oven.
- 3Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- 4In the same pot, sauté onions until tender.
- 5Remove from pot with drippings.
- 6Pour in chicken stock, potatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. (add water if potatoes are not covered in liquid).
- 7Simmer at low temperature until potatoes are fork tender -about 20 minutes.
- 8Lightly mash potatoes, not til smooth but slightly chunky.
- 9Add in butter and melt while stirring.
- 10Stir in cooked onions, green onions, and milk to desired consistency (I usually eyeball it).
- 11Serve warm with bacon on top and crackers on the side or you can add bacon to the soup and stir.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feeling Good Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.1
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 2165.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: