Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this for a cold, flu or sore throat. Optional ingredients may be added. Clove bud, has an antiseptic and fights infection. Ginger and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties. Raw Honey - An Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal Substance
- 4 teaspoons raw honey
- 1⁄3 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove, bud
for colds or flu
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (or Citrus fruits, Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme)
for Sore Throat
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (or Anise, Cayenne, Lemon, Thyme)
- Mix clove bud, ginger and optional ingredient you would enjoy.
- Infuse in 2 cups boiling water, and for every cup, stir in 2 teaspoons soothing and sweet raw honey.
- Sip throughout the day until you are feeling comforted.
I like this steeped in my mug pouring the boiling water on top of the spices. I use the cayenne option and it is wonderfully hot spicy but almost smooth because of the raw honey. I like to add a bit more per preference. It sooths my throat. Yes! for no drugs! I would make this again.
Rita, Thank you for sharing your fabulous recipes! Especially this get better fast recipe! Hope it works as well as all your others do!
Yesterday I woke up with a bad cold and sinus infection, and I've been trying to shake it with little to no success. I just made this recipe, and I already feel much better. And it tastes great, too. Thank you!