Recipe by Jen T
I came across this in a magazine giving ideas for healthy teas. I made this up and found it great either hot or cold. A nice change from ordinary lemon tea for when you have a cold or flu or even just to have hot on a cold night as a comfort drink or iced for a refreshing pick me up.
- 1 lemon, juice of, plus half of the lemon rind sliced
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (roughly chopped)
- 3 cm fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 teaspoons honey (or more to taste)
- 3 -4 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- In your favourite teapot or plunger (I use my glass coffee plunger that holds 3 & 1/2 cups)combine the lemon juice, rind, cinnamon, thyme, ginger and honey.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- Place lid on and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- If using a plunger, plunge down and pour liquid into mug to drink hot or pour into a jug and place in fridge to chill. (I just place plunger into fridge as is).
- To make another batch just add more of everything except the cinnamon and pour over more boiling water and wait another 5mins and plunge again.
- Enjoy :).