Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came across this in a magazine giving ideas for healthy teas. I made this up and found it great either hot or cold. A nice change from ordinary lemon tea for when you have a cold or flu or even just to have hot on a cold night as a comfort drink or iced for a refreshing pick me up.
- In your favourite teapot or plunger (I use my glass coffee plunger that holds 3 & 1/2 cups)combine the lemon juice, rind, cinnamon, thyme, ginger and honey.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- Place lid on and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- If using a plunger, plunge down and pour liquid into mug to drink hot or pour into a jug and place in fridge to chill. (I just place plunger into fridge as is).
- To make another batch just add more of everything except the cinnamon and pour over more boiling water and wait another 5mins and plunge again.
- Enjoy :).
I tried before lemon,ginger,cinnamon and even thyme tea,but never together. I really enjoyed it. I used dried thyme. Thanks for sharing.
This was soothing on my sore throat. I loved this and I thought I hated thyme, the taste was subtle. I did use 1 tsp dried instead of fresh thyme like mliss29 did. I will absolutely make this again if my throat hurts! Made for RECIPE SWAP #38 Group 2 - Iced Vo Vo's.
I love this tea! It has a potent, "pick-me-up" property (it actually prevented me from getting sick last week when I noticed the initial sore-throat symptoms). And it tastes heavenly, too!