Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I like to have snacks with me when I'm with friends. This was inspired by several other nut recipes I have tried over the years. I use whatever whole nuts I have on hand. My favorites are pecans & almonds.
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg white
- 6 cups nuts (almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, peanuts)
- Beat egg white until stiff peaks.
- Drizzle honey into the egg whites while still mixing.
- In a separate bowl, mix chipotle powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper & sugar together.
- Mix all 6 cups of your favorite nuts in the egg white - honey mixture until well coated.
- Pour spice mixture over the nuts & mix until well combined.
- Pour nuts into pan, spreading evenly & bake in 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and fragrant. You will want to stir the nuts a couple of times, about every 7 minutes.
- Remove from pan & allow to cool.
I love these nuts! They're the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. These make great gifts for the holidays! Also, if this is your first time making these, I recommend lining your pans with parchment paper. Additional tips and photos can be found on my cooking blog: http://redlab27.alissahebert.com/2011/12/sweet-spicy-nuts.html
I have made this twice now and both times they dissapear. I followed the directions without making any changes and they are great. I will be making these for gifts next year
imade these the oyjer day for my family to try them out as gifts. well they're all gone.