Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had the honor of meeting Chris Coppola, yes the brother of Nicholas Cage, along with Biker Cat, at the Waterfront Film Fest in Saugatuck, Michigan on Sunday, June 17th. He was sharing some of his own and family recipes along with Francis Coppola wines. My husband and I had the best time and enjoyed the good food, especially this recipe.
- 4 (1700.97 g) can cannellini beans
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 12 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 354.88 ml of dry pinot grigio wine
- 12 Italian tomatoes (cut in eighths)
- 236.59 ml farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 8 Italian sausages
- 4.92-9.85 ml sea salt
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Boil pasta to pre-al dente--still a little tough to the tooth. Put to.
- the side.
- Grill sausage (bbq or in pan) Put to the side, but keep warm.
- Wash and dry parsley. Pull off leaves and throw out stems. Put.
- whole parsley leaves to the side.
- Pour the olive oil in a 3 quart pot. Heat on a medium flame. Add.
- minced garlic and salt. Stir. Lower flame a bit so garlic doesn't.
- brown too fast. Let simmer for 3 minutes or so.
- Add the 4 cans of cannellini beans, juice and all. Stir and bring to.
- Add partially cooked pasta. Stir, bring to simmer.
- Add parsley. Stir. Lower flame and cover pot. Stir occasionally for.
- the next five minutes.
- TO SERVE: put a sausage on a plate, pour bean stew over it and.
- top with fresh parmesan. Enjoy.
- Should feed 5-8, depending on appetites.