1/1 Photo of Feed the Troops Stew
Chicago Tuscan Catering's Note:
I had the honor of meeting Chris Coppola, yes the brother of Nicholas Cage, along with Biker Cat, at the Waterfront Film Fest in Saugatuck, Michigan on Sunday, June 17th. He was sharing some of his own and family recipes along with Francis Coppola wines. My husband and I had the best time and enjoyed the good food, especially this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta to pre-al dente--still a little tough to the tooth. Put to.
- 2the side.
- 3Grill sausage (bbq or in pan) Put to the side, but keep warm.
- 4Wash and dry parsley. Pull off leaves and throw out stems. Put.
- 5whole parsley leaves to the side.
- 6Pour the olive oil in a 3 quart pot. Heat on a medium flame. Add.
- 7minced garlic and salt. Stir. Lower flame a bit so garlic doesn't.
- 8brown too fast. Let simmer for 3 minutes or so.
- 9Add the 4 cans of cannellini beans, juice and all. Stir and bring to.
- 11Add partially cooked pasta. Stir, bring to simmer.
- 13Add parsley. Stir. Lower flame and cover pot. Stir occasionally for.
- 14the next five minutes.
- 15TO SERVE: put a sausage on a plate, pour bean stew over it and.
- 16top with fresh parmesan. Enjoy.
- 17Should feed 5-8, depending on appetites.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feed the Troops Stew
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.6
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 3085.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: