Recipe by Debber
This is what we call gorp at our house, and it goes on every cross-country trip we make between Wisconsin and Montana. The following ingredients are merely "suggestions" for what can be added.
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 1 cup M&M'
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried figs, snipped or 1 cup dried prune
- 1 cup pretzel (sticks, knots, or nuggets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump each into a gallon zippered plastic bag.
- Place between driver and passenger in front seat of car.
- No picking out the M & M's!
- SUGGESTIONS FOR OTHER INGREDIENTS: dried apricots (snipped), craisins, chocolate-covered raisins, yogurt covered raisins (altho' they tend to melt more easily if the bag is left in a sunny spot in the car), dried cherries, Cheerios (honey-nut flavored).
- SERVING SUGGESTION: For children, pour about 1/4-1/2 cup into a small snack-size zippered baggie. This is a "neat" size for a little one to easily handle in the back-seat.