Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
This is great if you have some health conscious guests or too busy yet will not compromise health and nutrition with fastfood and frozen dinners.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta, diced
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli, in small florets
- 2 zucchini, cut in short sticks
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 15% cream
- 1 cup brie cheese, rind removed, cut in pieces
- 3⁄4 lb fedellini pasta
- cherry tomatoes, halved, for garnish
- chopped fresh basil, to taste
- chopped fresh oregano, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onion and pancetta in the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts and garlic and cook 2 minutes over low heat. Add the broth and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, zucchini sticks and diced peppers. Cook 5 minutes over high heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer half the vegetable mix to a food processor. Add the cream and process until smooth. Reserve remaining vegetables and keep warm.
- In a saute pan, warm the sauce over low heat. Add the brie, stirring occasionally until it is melted. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Serve in deep pasta plates. Garnish with reserved vegetables and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and oregano.