Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good use for that last little bit of pumpkin puree. Prep time estimated.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In saucepan combine milk, sugar, syrup, pumpkin and salt. Cook over medium heat and when mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to simmer and cook to soft ball stage. Remove from heat and beat in cinnamon, allspice, margarine and vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Then beat until thick and the mixture loses its gloss.
- Spoon into buttered dish.
- When firm, cut into squares.
This was a real nice recipe, but I thought the 3 cups of sugar was a little too much for the recipe. Don't get me wrong, I have a real sweet tooth, but it was a little hard to get past the sweetness of this recipe.
Sorry, this didn't work for me at all. I cooked it for 40 min.s,and it still didn't set. I'm giving it 3 for flavor, but my batch has to be eaten with a spoon.
This is the first time I've made fudge since Girlscouts! It turned out with a really creamy consistency and reminded me of pumpkin pie. The only note I have to add is that if I had let it simmer, it never would have reached the soft-ball stage, so I would recommend medium-low heat for that step.