Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
my dad and i made these all the time when we used to go camping in our pop-up camper and then later on in our new and improved rv. best with the stew he made because you could just keep taking off a layer and still have a huge biscuit.
- 4 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- add all dry ingredients together and mix.
- add wet ingredients (make sure butter is soft).
- make sure all ingredients are mixed well together.
- pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- melt 1/2 cup of butter on stove.
- knead dough on floured surface and flour roller.
- cut out biscuits dip in melted butter before placing in non-greased pan.
- bake for 12 minutes if not brown on top then not ready to be taken out.
- put in bread basket as soon as out of stove and cover to keep warm.
I do believe you forgot a few steps between steps six and seven. You need to gently pat out the dough, fold it, turn it ninety degrees, gently pat it out again, fold it, turn it ninety degrees, and repeat that process one more time prior to gently rolling out the biscuits in order to achieve the layers.