Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very light and delicious! Try with your next breakfast or ham dinner!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 " pieces
- 3⁄4 cup chilled buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Sift together first 6 ingredients into large bowl.
- Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk and stir until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead until smooth, about 8 turns.
- Roll out the dough to 1 inch thickness.
- Using 2 inch diameter biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Gather scraps and roll out to 1 inch thickness and cut out additional biscuits.
- Transfer biscuits to large ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yum yum! I'm a sucker when it comes to biscuits. These hit the spot, and weren't too heavy either! A nice, lighter version of a good, homey biscuit.
These were very good--had them last night with baked orange roughy and salad! Very quick too! Thanks Bev!
Have these with fried chicken!