Recipe by Judy-Jude
The recipe was given to me 25 years ago. This is a very quick and light breakfast cake. Not too sweet and delicate.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 8X8 square pan.
- Melt butter and cool slightly and add milk and beaten egg, set to the side.
- In bowl, sift the next four (4) ingredients, 2 times. Add butter, milk, and egg mixture and stir only enough to smooth out any lumps.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon for the topping, in a small bowl or in a ziploc bag.
- Pour batter into greased pan and sprinkle the mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top and bake 12 to 15 minutes.