Great brunch dish. You can prepare it the night before and let it sit in the fridge, unbaked, overnight, then bake in the morning. Just let it come to room temperature before baking, about 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf cornbread, chunked up and left to dried overnight
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces diced ham or 8 ounces crisp fried bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 14 x 11 casserole dish.
- 3Spread the cornbread evenly in the dish.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle the ham or bacon over top, then spread the cheese evenly over that.
- 6Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- 7Pour over the top of the dish and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- 8Bake until set and puffed, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Featherbed Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.7
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 327.2 mg
- Sodium 878.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: