Recipe by P4
Great brunch dish. You can prepare it the night before and let it sit in the fridge, unbaked, overnight, then bake in the morning. Just let it come to room temperature before baking, about 30 minutes.
Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
I had half a dozen leftover recipe#189549 and since they're never as good as leftovers (they get kinda crumbly), I thought I'd use them here. Very nice. Since they're a little sweet though, next time I might omit the seasonings and cheese, and serve with syrup instead.
- 1 loaf cornbread, chunked up and left to dried overnight
- kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces diced ham or 8 ounces crisp fried bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1 pinch dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 14 x 11 casserole dish.
- Spread the cornbread evenly in the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the ham or bacon over top, then spread the cheese evenly over that.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over the top of the dish and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Bake until set and puffed, about 30 minutes.