Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
My grandma makes these whenever we came over as kids.
- 2 (14.17 g) packageeach active dry yeast
- 295.73 ml warm milk
- 236.59 ml cold mashed potatoes
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1301.24 ml flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 946.36 ml oil
- in a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- add potatoes, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil, salt vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and eggs. mix well.
- add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- cover and let rise in a warm place about one hour til doubled.
- punch dough down and roll out into a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- cut with 3 inch donut cutter.
- let rise another 45 minutes.
- combine cinnamon and remaning sugar.
- heat oil and fry til golden brown on each side.
- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.