2 hrs 10 mins
My grandma makes these whenever we came over as kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2add potatoes, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil, salt vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and eggs. mix well.
- 3add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 4place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 5cover and let rise in a warm place about one hour til doubled.
- 6punch dough down and roll out into a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7cut with 3 inch donut cutter.
- 8let rise another 45 minutes.
- 9combine cinnamon and remaning sugar.
- 10heat oil and fry til golden brown on each side.
- 11sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feather Light Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g