Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
My grandma makes these whenever we came over as kids.
Make and share this Feather Light Donuts recipe from Food.com.
- in a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- add potatoes, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil, salt vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and eggs. mix well.
- add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- cover and let rise in a warm place about one hour til doubled.
- punch dough down and roll out into a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- cut with 3 inch donut cutter.
- let rise another 45 minutes.
- combine cinnamon and remaning sugar.
- heat oil and fry til golden brown on each side.
- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.