Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from the Maine Jubilee Cookbook. It makes the lightest dumplings I've ever had.
- In a bowl, first mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the milk, using enough to make a stiff dough.
- Have your soup nearly done.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls, dipping the spoon in soup each time.
- This amount should cover the top of the soup.
- Let it cook slowly UNCOVERED for 15 minutes.
- Then put COVER on and cook for 15 minutes longer.
- This method of cooking is the secret to light dumplings.