1/16 Photos of Feather Bread (Bread Maker - for Bread - Rolls - and Buns.)
2 hrs 5 mins
Love baking bread and rolls. When wrists began to make kneading difficult I got a bread maker - my hand made Holiday Buns now only made for those special occasions when family gather. This recipe goes back to my first bread maker and is the one I turn to when needing fresh bread or rolls with the taste of old fashioned bread ... in my bread maker perfect bread every time which is a real plus when expecting guests. Great on the dough cycle for rolls and those recipes calling for frozen bread dough - especially for the pull apart breads. Just the right amount of dough to fill a bundt pan when making Manda's awesome Monkey Bread Monkey Balls. Do check your bread maker recipe book to assure it can make a dough using four cups of flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt (I use one teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use 1tablespoon for bread and dinner buns - 2 - 3 tablespoons for the sweet roll.)
- 4 cups flour (I whisk the flour before measuring)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (I use Fleishmans bread maker yeast. Keep jar in fridge when not using, take out five minutes before )
- 1Be sure to whisk that flour before measuring - I soften the margarine in the micro wave.
- 2Place ingredients in order listed with the flour and yeast going in last.
- 3Choose your cycle.During the first mixing check to assure your dough has the right amount of flour and water - dough should look nice and shiny.Flours differ so you may need to add lukewarm water a teaspoon at a time if it is too dry- a sprinkling of flour if too sticky. Never add more then 3 tablespoons of either the flour or the water. In my breadmaker the whisked flour and the carefully measured ingredients are right on. Makes a large loaf.
- 4FOR DOUGH use dough cycle - when cycle complete shape into bread, buns or rolls. I often make braided loaves topping with sesame seeds.
- 5Brush tops with softened butter or margarine.Rise 20 to 30 minutes or until double in size.
- 6Bake in a 350 oven until nicely golden brown brushing with softened butter or margarine just before they are done - I brush them again when I take them out - makes for nice tops.
- 7Time varies - check your machine. Cooking time is machine and baking time.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feather Bread (Bread Maker - for Bread - Rolls - and Buns.)
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 845.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g