A yummy and simple recipe we made in a local cooking class I took a couple years ago. Recipe is from the instructor Fabienne Ratkov. If you're afraid to work with yeast this is the recipe for you!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a couple of 12-count muffin tins.
- Combine yeast and water in a large mixing bowl and let it sit a few minutes to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt and egg.
- Add flour gradually and beat well.
- Add butter.
- Fill greased muffin tins half full.
- Let rise in a warm place uncovered until level with the top of the pans (although I admit to having loosely covered mine sometimes).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- The last time I made these I think I got 18 roll/muffins.
- Your yield will, of course, vary depending on how much batter you put in each section of the muffin pan.