Recipe by ReeLani
A yummy and simple recipe we made in a local cooking class I took a couple years ago. Recipe is from the instructor Fabienne Ratkov. If you're afraid to work with yeast this is the recipe for you!
Top Review by Luv2CooknBake
Feather Bed Roll recipe is the "WOW" roll. I made these magnificent rolls and I want to thank ReeLani personally. I am in heaven each time I eat them smothered with butter. If you want to impress family and friends, make these rolls and watch their eyes roll when they take a bite of these delectable yeast rolls. This is a must bake recipe and I attached a photo for good measure.
- 2 package active dry yeast (2 tbs)
- 295.73 ml warm water (Fabienne always said it should be warm "like a comfortable bath")
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a couple of 12-count muffin tins.
- Combine yeast and water in a large mixing bowl and let it sit a few minutes to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt and egg.
- Add flour gradually and beat well.
- Add butter.
- Fill greased muffin tins half full.
- Let rise in a warm place uncovered until level with the top of the pans (although I admit to having loosely covered mine sometimes).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- The last time I made these I think I got 18 roll/muffins.
- Your yield will, of course, vary depending on how much batter you put in each section of the muffin pan.