Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This egg dish is light and fluffy without the mess of omelet pans. Use any vegetables and cheese that you would put in an omelet. You can prepare it overnight or just before you bake it.
- 4 slices French bread or 4 slices white bread (you may only need 4 if they are a larger size)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or any kind you want)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 6 large eggs
- sliced mushrooms or bell peppers or any other vegetables
- Grease a pan and place bread in a single layer covering the entire pan.
- Sprinkle vegetables over the bread and top it with cheese.
- Beat milk, eggs, and spices to taste and pour over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.
- Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes until puffy.
DH loved these eggs, thought they were a 5 plus, I thought they were a nice change and very tasty. I just made half a recipe for the two of us. Used fresh sliced tomatoes and fresh chives from the garden with cheddar cheese and 2% milk, salt and pepper with dried basil. I will be making these again, nice easy breakfast for company. Thanks for sharing. — May 4, 2005, 1 member found this helpful These were so good the last time I did them I decided to do them for some special guests from Holland for breakfast, every one decided the were definately a 5* recipe, again thanks for posting!
I have had a lot of company this week and am expecting more. This dish came in sooo handy. I used onions, peppers & mushrooms and it was a hit with the guests. Served with homemade biscuits and peach jam I put up this summer.
I sucessfully halved this recipe. For the vegetables I added onions, garlic, green onions and bell pepper. I used mozzarella cheese. I love the convenience of fixing this and popping it in the oven with the bisquits. And also having the choice to make it ahead of time. This is an easy, quick, convenient and yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing with us SJG3483