Top Review by Barb G.
Wow, this is a very good Zucchini relish recipe. I use to make one that ws given to me by a friend,But,I lost the recipe. We think that this is even BETTER. Will be making more of it.
- 6 cups zucchini, Grated
- 3 cups yellow onions, Grated
- 1 sweet red pepper, grated,seeded
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric, Ground
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place grated vegetables in non aluminium bowl.
- Sprinkle on salt.
- Mix well, cover and let stand for 12 hours.
- Rinse well by running cold water over vegetable mixture in colander.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Place vinegar, sugar, and spices in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for about 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Immediately add vegetable mixture and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Vacuum seal.